Email Link Performance Report

Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Email Link Performance Report

In looking at the email link performance report there are two metrics "Clicks" and "leads"  -

I'm providing the example below
Clicks are higher than leads; yet when I run a smart list for the "clicked link" (my target link) - the number comes out to equal "Leads" - I'm assuming "clicks" means unique leads whether or not they clicked that link multiple times (i.e,. desktop, phone tablet = 3 clicks/1 lead).  Can you confirm?

pastedImage_1.png

If this is true, then it seems like the true metric we should be looking at would be leads. 

Also was wondering if a lead forwards an email to someone, would that click through traffic be linked to the original lead that received the email or would that person that was forwarded the email show up as a new/unique lead?

Also my understanding is that the Email Performance Report reflects "unique" opens, clicks, etc.  Can you confirm.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Juan_de_Dios_Ng
Level 3

Re: Email Link Performance Report

Hi Jamie

Email Link Performance Report will show you the following

Clicks = Total # of clicks on this link (Not unique clicks).

% Clicks = Total # of clicks on this link / Total # clicks of all links in the Email (not unique).

Leads = Total # of unique leads that clicked this link.

% Leads = Total # of unique leads that clicked this link / Total # of unique clicks by leads of all links in the Email.

Email Performance Report does reflects "unique" opens & clicks

(note: if you hover over the column it will tell you what it is):

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Link Performance Report

Also keep in mind that in other Email reports to use the number of delivered when calculating the percentages.

A common misconception is that it is based on number of sent.