Having Issues with Progressive Profiling + Dependent Fields (Visibility Rules)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having Issues with Progressive Profiling + Dependent Fields (Visibility Rules)

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a form for my teammate and he wants me to build it to progressively profile leads with 2 rounds of questions.

He also wants the questions to be based on a dependent field that only appears once.  Basically, someone will fill out the first question, trigger visibility rules, and receive the first half of the form.

My issue arises from trying to show them the second half of the form on their second visit.  When they visit a form again, they won't see the second round of questions because they aren't asked to answer that dependent field from above since they answered it the first time and it is hidden due to progressive profiling.

Does anyone have advice or a workaround for this? I'm wondering if there is a way to build visibility rules based on a bit of information that is already known.

Cheers,

Jake

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Having Issues with Progressive Profiling + Dependent Fields (Visibility Rules)

ProgPro and VRs interact in some counterintuitive (though luckily consistent) ways.  Search my posts from the past month or so and you'll see a demo for getting the two to cooperate in situations such as yours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Having Issues with Progressive Profiling + Dependent Fields (Visibility Rules)

Thanks for the quick reply!  Was searching through your posts but couldn't find the demo you mentioned.  Would you be able to provide a link to it?

Cheers,

Jake

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Forms: Mixing Visibility Rules with Progressive Profiling

But there may be a less complex solution for your case. Let me think it over for tomw.