TwentyEighty Strategy Execution is a global leader in delivering workforce improvement solutions to the project management community and companies who rely on project-based execution. We play an important role in helping a company’s strategy become an operational reality where everyone understands how their work is linked to organizational goals.
A key investment to help support Strategy Execution’s growth is the introduction of a demand generation program and the development of a critical, new Lead Development Representative (LDR) role. An LDR is key to our success, as a new business sales contact whose activities position Strategy Execution to intended buyers who have demonstrated interest. As an LDR, you will be responsible for excelling at the facilitation of buyer journey activities within our demand generation process: initiating prospect relationships, enabling value driven conversations, driving customer/prospect interest throughout the middle and late stages of buyer consideration and qualifying and routing leads appropriately for follow up.
The LDR will serve as the first, direct contact for Strategy Execution prospects and must reflect a polished, professional and high quality experience. A successful LDR will possess excellent telephone and communication skills and is experienced and/or comfortable in contacting and conversing with senior business leaders and technical buyers. The ability to remain organized, multi-task within a fast-paced environment and work as a collaborative team member will be critical.
This role is perfect for self-starters who are fueled by the desire to compete and win and may lead to growth opportunities into a sales career, as well as exposure across the organization.
- Responsible for executing the lead development process to move prospects through the early buying stages to a qualified opportunity
- Build prospect rapport, establish organizational credibility, fulfill educational requests and probe into organizational / personal needs to advance a prospect to a warm or hot lead
- Ensure the identification of appropriate next steps for Sales and Marketing team follow up
- Provide daily management and accurate updating of Salesforce.com (CRM)
- Utilize qualification questioning techniques to understand needs and buyer intentions
- Schedule discovery calls with sales team members where appropriate
- Improve lead response times to help increase conversion of leads
- Partner with inside sales to assess, develop, and convert warm leads
- Help field sales identify and interpret contact-level behaviors and data that will better tailor outreach to hot prospects
- Provide feedback and learning from prospects to the marketing team to help improve demand process and buyer experience
- Assist with data appending and updating efforts to improve data environment
- Two-plus years of experience within a phone-based lead qualification/inside sales role
- Ability, passion, and desire to conduct outbound telephone and email activities on a daily basis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to grasp a solution sale and position value and organizational differentiators effectively to B2C and B2B prospects
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com desired
- Ability to take direction and coaching to develop best practices
- Understanding of project management space preferred
- Work onsite in Arlington, Virginia