More Specific "Date + X Days"-style Logic

Anonymous
Not applicable

More Specific "Date + X Days"-style Logic

Someone at Marketo mentioned being able to build out logic less reliant on daily field updates to a "Days Active" field by doing the following:

Run a batch campaign recurring daily with "Date" field logic (such as a trial start date) + however many days into trial that campaign is supposed to run. For example: Trial Start Date + 10 days, send email x.

I just don't see how to set this up. Wait steps are intensive and would bog down the system if we did it for everything, but how can I get the campaign logic to see "Okay, today when this campaign runs, I'll see whose Trial Start Date was 10 days ago" vs. "in the past 10 days" (big difference).

Any thoughts?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: More Specific "Date + X Days"-style Logic

Ok, unless you setup a 

Trial Date field={{system.Date}} and then have an SFDC formula field to calcualte Days Active, you will need to use Wait Steps:

Trigger: Enter Trial
Wait 10 Days
Send Email X

That will do what you want. I'm not sure why it matters to you if a Wait Step is there. This should be a triggered flow, not a batch.

Yes, IN PAST is not the operator you need. There may be an idea to help on this, so be sure to vote it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More Specific "Date + X Days"-style Logic

Thanks Josh. We store the Trial Date and have the Days Active formula. The issue is after a certain amount of time, the records stop consistently updating (to save time and energy in both our database and Marketo syncs), so Days Active jumps around and often has large gaps in updates.

Wait step was what I figured was the most reliable solution, but I'm worried a bunch of people in long wait steps (think 6 months or a year) would bog down our Marketo instance.