You may find some luck in answers for these questions on the shared links.
1. Unsubscribe clicks are counted in the email click totals on the email performance report: https://nation.marketo.com/message/83400#comment-83400
My conclusion: Yes
2. Click to Open Ratio does not include unsubscribe click rates: Quick Question: Does Click to Open Rate Include Unsubscribe Clicks?
My conclusion: No
Hi Jim, thanks for the info.
I'm having a hard time understanding how both of these statements can be true b/c the raw math doesn't add up.
For example, help me understand the following using your logic above:
1. Clicked: 10
2. Unsubscribed: 20
3. Opened: 200
How can you have a larger unsubscribe number than total clicks while at the same time having a 5% CTOR if the unsubscribed is a part of the clicks?
Your numbers do defy the logic of the 2 articles shared. As those are community discussion threads, they could possibly be wrong.
I would recommend that you test this on your end. A simple test of this should give you exactly what we're looking for.
Test (standard global unsubscribe):
1. Create Email
2. Send email via single flow action (campaign is linked in activity log)
3. Click on Unsubscribe Link
4. Create Email Performance Report (must wait a day)
5. Are the clicks represented?
In my test, Unsubscribe clicks were not logged as a click on the activity log and did not show up in any report.
Based on the test, theoretically for your numbers:
1. Clicked: 10 ---- This should only then be for 10 legitimate clicks (not unsub)
2. Unsubscribed: 20 ---- The clicks should not show up on your report
3. Opened: 200 ----- This should then make the CTOR, 10/200 = 0.05