21 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 1:04 PM by d89f64cd7754e9b28f8bc4ec66661dfbfda992ec

capture interesting moment, known lead

I wanted to get some help thinking through a solution for this.

First, the setting:

We have a Marketo form for requesting white papers, etc. It's embedded on our website, and there's a munchkin code on the site. When a user fills out the form, it populates two hidden fields with some URL-passed information we need. Then an automatic email goes to the user, providing a link to the white paper.

If somebody returns to the form for another request, already cookied, they get the form's "custom html for known leads", instead. This html provides a link direct to the white paper. No email is sent.

Challenge:

We want to create an Interesting Moment that passes this info into Salesforce. It seems to work for first time visitors, but we want it to also work when a returning visitor shows up - getting the custom html rather than the form.

I thought I'd read somewhere that when a visitor returns and gets the custom html this should still register as a form fill, but it didn't seem to do so. Is this correct, and what is a good way to capture this moment?