SOLVED

Can we please change the community back to the old UI?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we please change the community back to the old UI?

This is awful and nothing has been done to fix it since the switch. No one answers questions anymore, and I can't find anything. It was perfect before. I assume no one is really using it since the switch (I know I don't), considering how little activity I see. What's the point if simple product info is impossible it find, and putting a query to the community never gets resolved? Half the time other people don't even respond, and when they do, it's to complain about the same thing. The amount of unanswered queries is staggering. Is anything being done to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can we please change the community back to the old UI?

Sorry about my delay in picking up this post. I will respond since Liz is OOO this week. You can set up your alerts by going to your preferences. https://nation.marketo.com/user-preferences!input.jspa Or you can learn how to follow person or place or piece of content by going here: https://nation.marketo.com/videos/1058 Hope this helps. Send any examples of pages/communities you like.. S

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the feedback and I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. I'd love to get more specifics from you so we can help you learn the new UI. There are many great benefits to the new Community and we want to make sure you have the best experience possible and that you can utilize it to your needs.

Also, I see you are a member of the Minneapolis User Group​ which is great. I'm sure the leaders Sarah Luckow and Louie Frank wouldn't mind helping answer any of your questions regarding community as they are pretty active users also.

Let me know if you have time to provide more info and if you'd prefer to set up a time to chat soon. I'm on vacation June 2 - 11. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Liz

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see now that you're out, but will start with apologies for only now seeing this, but I had no alert that it had been replied to. It's the general user experience that's not intuitive, and how many times I look for an answer only to see a thread with several people wanting help on the same thing, and no fixes months or years later.

I'd like to be able to do something as simple as type...Revenue Cycle Modeler into the search bar, click product docs, and see a general description of it. That used to be quite easy for basic things. Now I give up after so long, not finding anything but in depth threads. Not that I have any questions on the RCM, it's just an example. And how do I get email alerts when people respond to threads like I used to...?

In the meantime I'll try to think of some examples of what I wish I could do with the community like I used to, though a call to go over how the search function even works might be called for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about my delay in picking up this post. I will respond since Liz is OOO this week. You can set up your alerts by going to your preferences. https://nation.marketo.com/user-preferences!input.jspa Or you can learn how to follow person or place or piece of content by going here: https://nation.marketo.com/videos/1058 Hope this helps. Send any examples of pages/communities you like.. S

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same experience.  Although some times I do see interesting responses, but it does take so long to click through and around.

and the product docs for something like MSI are woefully inadequate.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Lynn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi you guys,

I am just returning from maternity leave and seeing this message thread. So, I will say, Liz Courter​, we still get this exact feedback from our MUG members on a regular basis. Would anyone from Marketo be interested in joining us virtually for our next MUG meeting to address these concerns? Louie Frank and I are still working out details, but I think our next MUG will be Sept 15th 9 AM - 12 Noon CT.

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sarah,

Sure. If you can please send us some of the concerns so we know what to prepare.

Thanks,

Liz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sarah, et al,

I'm in SF Bay Area, but I'd love to virtually attend. 

FYI: Prroduct docs are my first go to, but if it's not in there, you're right, it is a bit of a slog to find community answers.

'Fact is, I'm having to call Marketo Support quite frequently.  (I always search and read as much as possible before calling Support, but the info is often just not available.) 

I've also regularly replied to the "How can we make this better" statements at the end of product docs. But these days, the fellow who's monitoring that feedback pretty much tells me tough luck! ha, ha.

All of that said, albeit a bit off topic - Marketo's Support team is awesome.  They just wouldn't have to work so hard if this UX for community was a bit easier to get through.

Thank you to everyone for working to simplify this UX.

Lynn