1 of 1 people found this helpful
Only 1% received the email, but 100% where sent to the smart campaign. With nested programs, what counts is whether or not the lead is a member of the program, not whether or not they were sent the email by the smart campaign.
If you want to achieve this, you will have to select 1% each day and add them to the engagement program.
But I would not use an EP for this. And managing 1% each day will need to create a flow step with 100 choices...
Is there any way to change their exhausted status, instead of removing them from the list and adding them again?
Also, selecting 1% and adding them manually doesn't seem sustainable. Do you think it's possibla to automate by a smart campaign? From a smart list, random sample 1% and add to the EP, and recurring this flow once a day. Thoughts?
You could do this with a field I believe. If they receive the email the field is true, if not the field is false. Then use that field to determine the next 1 %
I fully agree that using the random sample to select 1% 100 times is not sustainable.
If the base you are addressing is fixed (meaning you do not have to add or remove leads, you may:
- Create a field in Marketo Call it "Send Date"
- Export the list (only the email)
- Use the Excel random function to generate a value between 0 and 99 and add it to the first send date
- Upload that value in Marketo with an import n the "Send date' field
- Create a smart campaign that waits until "send date" and sends the email.