1. Yes, you do need to have a 'Change Program Status' flow step and change the user to "Registered". Doing this step in Marketo is what sends the registrant's info to your Adobe Connect environment.
2. About the Password -- you actually don't need to have the user type/create their own password in a Marketo form. The "participant password" that you set in the Launchpoint settings becomes the default Connect password that gets assigned to all new registrants. Also, that Marketo-set participant password will NOT overwrite the password for returning users that have already-existing profiles in your Connect environment.
- Your 'participant password' in Marketo Launchpoint settings is "1234". (There isn't a way to bypass this setting in Marketo, btw)
- You don't have registrants type a password in the Marketo registration form.
- Joe fills out your Marketo form to sign up for the session. He is a first-time registrant, so his Connect password (when he tries to access the live session) will be auto-assigned as 1234 by the Marketo settings.
- Dan already has a Connect profile, and he made his password "5678" a while ago.
- When Dan registers for your Connect event (via Marketo form), his password will remain 5678 when he goes to access the live session.
Hope this answers your questions.