Contacts not Syncing in Salesforce / Marketo Sync (But Accounts Do)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacts not Syncing in Salesforce / Marketo Sync (But Accounts Do)

Our Contacts in Salesforce are not syncing to Marketo, but Accounts are imported correctly as "Contact" for SFDC Type. From some other discussions, it sounds like Accounts are correctly labeled as Contacts in Marketo, while Contacts in Salesforce should be imported as Users in Marketo.

As I mentioned, however, I have no "Users" in Market due to this failed sync.

I have double checked error logs in individual contacts with no insight and there is no general issue reported by Marketo itself. I also double checked field mappings (as discussed in Marketo Sync documentation), and those look good.

What else should I consider in this troubleshooting?

(This question has been edited, with original text in revision notes)

Edited based on revision on question. Original ------------------------------------------- Hi Everyone, We just synced our Salesforce Enterprise with Marketo. The Marketo Persons DB was previous (essentially) blank previous to this, a new setup. After following all the instructions, and double checking them, there are two issues. 1) There are 45K+ contacts in Salesforce, yet just 10K in Marketo. 2) Most of the People's personal information is missing in Marketo, including every person's email, address, etc. A few things like First Name, Last Name, Sales Owner, and Creation/Update date are filled out properly, but most information is not. I have double checked error logs in individual contacts with no insight and there is no general issue reported by Marketo itself. I also double checked field mappings (as discussed in Marketo Sync documentation), and those look good. What else should I consider in this troubleshooting?

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Missing (Blank) Data in Salesforce / Marketo Sync (in Marketo DB)

Hi Michael,

Are you using person accounts in Salesforce?

Have you activated a sync filter?

Can you try forcing the sync on 1 contact (from Marketo, right click it, then sync with SFDC) and look at the result in the activity log ?

Also, give a look here:Common Marketo and Salesforce Sync Pitfalls

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Second thought: it still looks like there is a sync issue.

Can you connect to SFDC and run a report to count the number of contacts and leads? This count might be different from the total count, because of the rights.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contacts not Syncing in Salesforce / Marketo Sync (But Accounts Do)

Hi Grégoire,

An update: our Contacts in Salesforce are not syncing to Marketo, but Accounts are imported correctly as "Contact" for SFDC Type. From some other discussions, it sounds like Accounts are correctly labeled as Contacts in Marketo, while Contacts in Salesforce should be imported as Users in Marketo.

As I mentioned, however, I have no "Users" in Market due to this failed sync.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Contacts not Syncing in Salesforce / Marketo Sync (But Accounts Do)

Hi Michael,

It's likely that you are using person accounts in SFDC. This is a specific setup and you can search the community for the "person accounts" keyword.

I just arrived to the summit in Vegas and will not be available much in the next few days, as many of us. Sorry in advance for shorter and less frequent answers.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you "just" did this, it may take 2-3 days to fully process, even with a smaller database.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

if Marketo is showing fully synced under Admin/Integration/Salesforce (shows "last synced" info along with no other comments), would you still expect things to be in queue for processing? It's probably been about 24 hours since a proper connection was made and some errors were fixed.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michael,

Do you see syncs triggering every 5 minutes or so? Do they seem to take longer?

Also: go to SFDC in setup->company information and check you have not exhausted your daily API quota.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grégoire,

It looks like API requests are ok and I think the syncs are working every 5 minutes too. I am still getting up on checking the other items you mentioned originally with our SFDC Pro.