Macmillan Learning, a publisher of textbooks and educational digital products for high school and higher education, is looking to hire a Marketing Automation Specialist in New York or Boston with 2-3 years Marketo and Salesforce experience.
Apply online: Careers
Here are the details:
The Marketing Automation Specialist will be the primary driver for the development and execution of lead generation, nurturing, and scoring, resulting in automated marketing programs that create qualified sales leads and awareness of Macmillan Learning disciplines, product lines, and campaigns that drive growth. This position will work closely with the digital marketing, marketing, product, and sales teams to create engaging lead qualification programs while tracking and reporting on their effectiveness. Experience with Marketo is required (certification preferred), and knowledge of Google Analytics and Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Create and manage all phases of demand generation from start to finish, including planning, design, testing, deployment, evaluation, and reporting.
- Contribute to ongoing email marketing initiatives for Macmillan Learning, including continual optimization of email marketing strategy, platforms, and related processes
- Support existing email marketing campaigns and deployment
- Manage, measure, and optimize the performance and effectiveness of marketing programs and lead generation campaigns including lead scoring and lead nurturing programs
- Develop and implement a strategy for lead management and reporting, working closely with sales and marketing
- Quality assurance of all automated marketing campaigns
- Supervise and consult on best practices and effectiveness of automated marketing campaigns and lead generation across the organization, including monthly benchmarks and reports
- Organize and implement ongoing optimization and improvement on conversion rates (content, email templates, landing pages, offers, etc.) and effectiveness around demand generation
- Contribute to reporting and analytics from the digital marketing team
- Identify and recommend digital and social trends, marketing automation, and CMS platforms based on emerging technology innovations and best practices
- Desired Skills and Experience
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- 2-3 years of experience in inbound and demand generation marketing using the Marketo marketing automation platform and CRM
- A comprehensive understanding of the industry's best practices for marketing automation and demand generation.
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as deliverability and sender reputation.
- Know how to segment the customer database to create targeted messages.
- Understand how all aspects of the marketing program, from opt-in and message content and design to delivery and list management, affect email deliverability.
- Know how to find and correct problems that hurt deliverability.
- Strong design sense is a plus
- Comfortable with HTML and CSS, ability to troubleshot coding problems
- Experience with Marketo required
- CRM experience required, experience with Salesforce a plus
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree