5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2016 12:29 PM by Emily Dick

Certification Exam

Emily Dick

Hey, has anyone taken the certification exam recently? Any pointers? There's a group of us preparing at ACL and a lot of the materials are very out of date...focus on free-form landing pages, anonymous lead filters, etc. Curious if anyone knows if the actual exam is updated? I was so mad about the exam at Summit last year being ridiculous, I'm hoping it's much better this year

BTW, a blog article from Josh Hill on preparing for taking the exam at Summit: Preparing for the Marketo Certification Exam - Marketing Rockstar Guides

• Re: Certification Exam

No but I'd like to learn more too, with the same questions. I've been working with Marketo extensively for 2 years but from what I've heard the exam is really inconsistent with what's available in the University.

Richard Wasylynchuk

I wrote the exam a few months ago. Completely different experience than the exam that was presented at last years summit. I'd say it's closer to the original cert exam but the questions are a bit deeper. I did the practice exam the day before I wrote the exam and I'd say at least 80% of those questions were on the exam itself. If you run through and understand the practice exam the actual is a breeze.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Emily Dick

Ok, I just wrote the exam. It is very close to the practice exam and MUCH better than last year's exam at Summit. The one thing that annoyed me was the focus on free form landing pages instead of guided landing pages. So if you're like me and only use guided now, brush up on the free form. And they ask a lot about program costs

1 of 1 people found this helpful