3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2016 10:29 AM by 652b902a60dc70426ef2d111f073b6910783a2c7

Automating repetitive tasks

We sync our Marketo to SFDC with each campaign, and there is a 13 step involved filter logic process we go through with each campaign.  Can we automate this by creating some sort of a module of sorts that we can call upon upon the completion of each campaign, so that we would only have to manage that 13-step logic in one place, minimizing potential errors and making the whole process more efficient?

• Re:  Automating repetitive tasks
          Bruce Jeffers

Hi Nancy,

I hope I'm understanding your question right. Here's a suggestion:

1. Take this 13-step logic and related Sync to SFDC step you're talking about, and put just those Flow step(s) in a separate stand-alone Smart Campaign. For the Trigger of this new Smart Campaign, use the 'Campaign is Requested' trigger and choose 'Marketo Flow Action'.

2. Then in your other campaigns, where the syncing to SFDC complex logic would be -- just swap out the Flow steps there with a simple 'Request Campaign' step which calls to this other stand-alone campaign you just created.

This puts all the 13-step logic in just one place for easy management, but still allows any other campaigns to leverage the steps in it.

Hope this helps,

Bruce

• Re:  Automating repetitive tasks

Totally agree with Bruce.

I have used 'Request campaign' for the exact same reason. You can centralize these kinds of frequently needed, common flows this way. Another advantage of this is to 'manage' the timings and frequencies. You can select 'leads go through this campaign every time or once only or once in x days'. That way, you can centrally manage not only 'what all the steps to do' but also 'how often'.

Another advantage of this is to 'manage' the timings and frequencies. You can select 'leads go through this campaign every time or once only or once in x days'. That way, you can centrally manage not only 'what all the steps to do' but also 'how often'.

This should not be taken to extreme, though. I have heard that too many, nested 'request campaign' calls can make the Marketo instance unnecessarily busy.

Rajesh

• Re: Automating repetitive tasks

Thanks guys... both very good  input and I'll definitely be implementing a flow step requested triggered campaign.  Thanks for the help.  I'm a newbie... just trained this week on Marketo, so this is awesome info.