6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 1:03 PM by Sanford Whiteman

Is it possible to bind 2 form fields to the same Marketo field?

Hello!

I'm trying to build a form and have a question about setting up fields.

The form I'm trying to build is pretty standard fare except for a text box field at the bottom. The text box field is tied to a field in Marketo which will send out a sales alert when it is filled.

Above the text box field is a piece of rich text (not attaches to any field) which simply exists as an instruction for the text box field (i.e. it asks the visitor a question whcih they answer in the text box field).

My question is this: is it possible to set the rich text above the text box field as a checkbox which is tied to the same field as the text box in Marketo? It sounds logical in my head but I feel that it would create a lot of issues. For instance, how would it affect form load? If the record that gets loaded already has data in that field, how does it pre-populate the checkbox and the text area?  Or, more importantly, how do both fields update the apptComment field?  Doesn’t one take priority and overwrite the other value?

The way it currently works with the smart campaign is that it checks if the text box (i.e. the marketo field on form submission) is not empty and then sends the alert.

Would love to hear some clarity around this.

Thank you.

how that is supposed to work on a form load.  If the record that gets loaded already has data in that field, how does it pre-populate the checkbox and the text area?  Or, more importantly, how do both fields update the apptComment field?  Doesn’t one take priority and overwrite the other value?