The Director of Demand Generation Marketing is responsible for both demand generation
campaigns and marketing operations. This person drives the strategy and execution of fully
integrated go-to-market campaigns across the buyer’s journey. For campaigns, the primary goal
is to increase pipeline for our sales team while helping to build Palerra’s brand reputation. For
operations, the primary goal is to provide the foundational support for campaign activities, as well
as analytics that enable us to focus on and refine our marketing efforts so that we get the greatest
ROI on everything that we do.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
Develop and continually optimize a best-in-class digital marketing strategy for Palerra.
Direct the benchmarking, tracking, and optimization of the performance of Palerra.com,
assets available on Palerra.com, and related landing pages.
Develop, execute, and measure targeted lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns
that extend across the buyer’s journey.
Integrate multiple vehicles into campaigns including but not limited to webinars, direct
mail, email, advertising (digital and print), trade shows, conferences, speaking
engagements, sponsored events, PPC, and social media.
Leverage the content marketing strategy, product roadmap, and go-to-market strategies
to develop a six month rolling campaign calendar.
Develop and manage our event / trade show program including the annual event
calendar, speaking opportunities, and logistics.
Ensure understanding and acceptance of messaging used in campaigns by sales,
product, digital strategy, and client services.
Provide support to partner campaigns and integrate them into our campaigns when
Define key performance indicators and dashboards to enable us to measure, optimize,
and focus all go-to-market activities.
Maintain and optimize the marketing automation infrastructure.
Collaborate with sales operations to develop and maintain the funnel math model to
measure and monitor activity to ensure predictable pipeline building.
Direct and manage efforts to maintain marketing database cleanliness and accuracy.
Develop and manage annual marketing plans including budget
Hire, mentor and train staff as needed.
Manage external vendor relationships.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 5-7 years running, managing and operating demand gen marketing programs, preferably in
• Must have at least two years experience directly managing programs in Marketo, and some
familiarity with Salesforce
• Have knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques, tools and concepts including
AdWords, SEO, Google Analytics, Marketo, copywriting
• Strong experience building effective and successful lead gen programs from content and ad
• Event marketing experience; selecting, evaluating and running events
• Ability to set, measure, and report on objectives and outcomes
• Proven track record of meeting company marketing goals and objectives
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, with demonstrable expertise in working
with inside and outside sales.
• Strong cross-functional people and project management skills
• Experience in the advertising technology sector and/or experience marketing B2B enterprise
products strongly preferred
• Degree in marketing or related fields; advanced degree and/or MBA strongly preferred