Preventing personal email address being filled out on form

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Preventing personal email address being filled out on form

Hi all,

On several landing pages, I would like to prevent personal email addresses (yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc.) from being filled out on the form.

Initially, I thought I could edit some rules in the form, but this seems to be impossible. I do not want to edit my template, as it would effect all my landing pages.

Does anyone know how to ensure that only on a few landing pages, I "forbid" email addresses containing a certain domain name from being entered?

I found another discussion in the Marketo community referring to a certain HTML script, which should work. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to function properly.

Appreciate all the help!

Thanks,

Tom

16 REPLIES 16
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Preventing personal email address being filled out on form

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Yes I did! This is the HTML script I tried, but it does not work. Furthermore, the article is about 2 years old, so perhaps outdated?

I'm hoping for new information that could help me.

Thanks,

Tom

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

That should still work...is this an embedded form on an external webpage? Or are you using a Marketo landing page?

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

I am using a Marketo landing page.

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Hi Justin,

Should it also work on a Marketo landing page? And if so, would you know where to implement it?

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A MktoForms2.whenReady listener works on Marketo or non-Marketo pages.

Please link to your URL so we can troubleshoot actual code.

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Is there a way to get the code http://developers.marketo.com/blog/restrict-free-email-domains-on-form-fill-out/  to work for Alternate Email Address field on my form too?

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, but you shouldn't be using that code anyway as it's broken (it will say danielle@outlook.chanco.com and chris@live.vandermerel.net are free emails, when that's obviously not true).

You can find better code by searching the Community, and I can help you adapt it to check multiple email-type fields.

SanfordWhiteman

Danielle Chan without in any way retracting my critique of that old code, here's how you'd use it for multiple email fields: MktoForms2 :: Multiple Email fields w/questionable validation

Again, though, not really the complete/correct way to match freemail domains.