The VP Marketing is responsible for
- Growing annual revenue from philanthropic contributors into the $100Ms, while maintaining a cost per dollar raised below industry average
- Creating and owning user experiences and interactions that educate and inspire supporters and donors across the globe
- Curating and publicly speaking to GiveDirectly’s unique brand and reputation for authenticity, transparency, and efficiency, maintaining a clear distinction from sector norms
- Redefining donor expectations for transparency and accountability from nonprofits
In pursuing these objectives, the marketing lead will also create and oversee the development of digital products to enable that experience by exploiting and further developing GiveDirectly’s unique digital assets, including real-time multi-media content generated by recipients. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
- A track record of success in a leadership role in digital marketing, product / web
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and build a team in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to articulate GiveDirectly’s brand and translate it into user experience
- Cultural fit
- Willingness to work full time from New York City, with occasional travel
GiveDirectly is a non-profit that aims to reshape international giving. We provide an end-to-end platform that enables funders to provide direct cash transfers to the extreme poor. We are among the fastest-growing international development non-profits and are recipients of a Google Global Impact Award and a top rating from GiveWell.
Our unorthodox approach – allowing the poor, and not the donor, to choose how to invest – has driven debate both in press and policy circles (e.g., NPR’sThis American Life, Foreign Affairs, The Economist, New York Times, The Guardian). We are also known for our extensive integration of technology into field processes; our quantitative approach to performance measurement; and our commitment to rigorous, independent, experimental evaluation of our impact, with one Randomized Controlled Trial completed and multiple additional RCTs in progress.
We are looking for exceptional talent to help build a startup into a world-class organization. Our culture is professional, analytical, non-hierarchical, fast-paced, and blunt, and we’re looking for people that match that description. We are open to candidates from any industry; we typically recruit from top private-sector firms and offer competitive salary and benefits.