Has anyone been having trouble with the rich text editor adding div tags to the source code in a LP? If so, any idea how to fix it or a work around to get it to quit doing it? I am using a guided template. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Hey Calvin Buchanan, do you have any advice for Shawna?
I can't seem to replicate the issue. The <div> tags appears when the element is empty, but as soon as I place and save copy, the <div> tags disappear.
So I put a support case in to figure out the problem. This is what I got in return which fixed my issues:
This is due to a new feature that we have added to the HTML formatting of the text editor. In the 'Admin > Email > Edit Editor Settings', this feature is labeled as the "root block element", which affects how newly added text is encapsulated upon edit/insertion for both email and landing pages. This allows users to select <p>, <div>, and none as the tag within an editable section in an asset. For example, if the <p> root block element is selected in the email editor settings, a section will automatically be wrapped with a <p> tag when any text is placed in an mkteditable section.
After choosing "none" in the editor setting it worked perfectly.
Retrieving data ...