Do UTM Codes Affect Link Tracking Success Reporting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do UTM Codes Affect Link Tracking Success Reporting?

I am currently sending out Account Activity reports to our sales team so that they can see which of their leads are having success throughout any of our programs.

I have just opened up the filtering to include our Nurture Programs and at first glance, it looks like the Program Successes (link clicks) aren't registering. I am using UTM codes for each link used in the nurture program emails and have included the flow step that says "Link Is" + [Full UTM link].

Is there a chance that the full UTM code is throwing off the success tracking? Would it be better to have the flow step say "Link Includes" and to just use the landing page URL as standard (without the UTM parameters on the end)?

3 REPLIES 3
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Do UTM Codes Affect Link Tracking Success Reporting?

If you're using "Link Is" try to find it by typing in a few characters and looking for the right value in the autosuggest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I type in some of the words included in the link, it pulls up the UTM code that was pasted in there from the start - is that because it was pasted in there, or because it's actually finding the link?

Would it be advantageous to change to say "Link Contains" and then using the full UTM code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

While responding to this thread, I thought I would add an extra column to that report that highlights Program Status - when that information is broken down, I can see that clicks ARE registering in the successes:

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 11.55.32 AM.png

It appears that the one person I was looking at simply hasn't had a lot of click successes, but because the Success (Total) column notes a 1 for ANY success, it's consolidating everything into that one result.