Contact webmaster form best practices?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact webmaster form best practices?

My web team is looking for a form that to allow visitors to contact the webmaster with broken links or general site feedback.

It's my understanding that by using a marketo form, any data captured by the form will enter our marketing database, as well as require specialty data capture fields relative to experience, etc, even if the submit function is simply a mailto function.

Is it possible to create a form that will capture data only long enough to populate the mailto, and not push everything into the marketo database?

Its my understanding that the best practice would be a native web system form with perhaps some data capture via select fields and a blind submit.

Any advice is welcome!!

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Contact webmaster form best practices?

Hi Elana,

No it is not possible. Marketo form can only use fields in the database and will necessarily store the values in the database on form submit.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a best practice to use your marketing database for these types of webmaster forms? My concern is that we will add a ton of extra / useless data to our Marketo instance

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Elana,

No, I have never seen Marketo used for webmaster forms (out of 40 projects I have been involved). Usually, this is managed within the CMS.

-Greg