SOLVED

Referral program: look up referrer with a custom field

Go to solution
KanakoTone
Level 5

Referral program: look up referrer with a custom field

Hi,

I'm creating a referral program with the flow below, and I have a few questions.

Our referral program flow (C= customer, L= referred lead):

1. C enters L's name, email address etc and C's email address in a form.

2. The form creates a new lead record based on L's name, email address etc. C's email address will be stored in a custom field called "referrer's email" (synced with Salesforce).

3. Marketo looks up C based on "referrer's email" and stores that C has referred L.

We need to have both C and L's information, as we will send different emails to C and L, and later we will reward C and L if L becomes a customer.

Questions are:

a. how can I lookup C's record based on "referrer's email" tied with L's lead record?

b. what's the best practice to collect the data of whom C has referred? Counting up the number of leads C have referred is not enough, as we'd like to communicate with them later. Also, we expect a C might refer several Ls.

c. Is there any better way to have a form for this kind of referral programs?

Performing community search didn't help me much... If you know other threads similar to this, please link it here.

Your help is always appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Referral program: look up referrer with a custom field

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are definitely threads on this. But to do this well requires jquery and programming. Not sure if your web dev made it this far but your specs sound right.

KanakoTone
Level 5

Josh,

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any specific thread you have in your mind? Many threads ended up the comment like yours, and I can't reach to the ones that have meaningful solutions.

Anonymous
Not applicable