4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 3:40 PM by Trent Cross

How do you handle issues that you have with Marketo?

Adrian Watkins

We have had multiple issues with Marketo support, from complete lack of response to unhelpful responses. Even though we escalate them we seem to get no where. One recent case lasted nearly 3 weeks and when I tried to escalate it the support rep kept removing the escalation email from the case. On top of that in the last 2 years we have had at least 4 different customer account managers, none have been helpful and the lack of professionalism has abounded.

We haven't been able to find a good way to express our concerns and feel like we never reach high enough up the chain to be taken seriously. Any ideas on how we can do this are appreciated.

• Re: How do you handle issues that you have with Marketo?
          Trent Wardrop

Hi Adrian,

Honestly, I use the community to resolve most issues. Far quicker than opening up a case. Most of the discussions I've posted get responses right away, and you're getting feedback from knowledgeable experts like Greg Michel and Josh Hill.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Trent Cross

Adrian - agree with Trent Wardrop as the general community is pretty good at responding. Another approach you can take is to work this through your Marketo Acct Mgr to escalate the concerns and lack of response. That's their role to help manage the account and make sure your needs are being met.  We did this a couple of times and able to get a direct line to the 2nd and 3rd level support folks assigned to us vs going through the first level all the time.  Good luck.

Adrian Watkins

Thanks guys. I do generally use the community to fix any functionality questions that I have. The problem is when there technical issue that Marketo has to fix. I've tried engaging with our account manager but like all the reps assigned to our company by marketo these are constantly changing. In the 2 years we have been with Marketo I don't think I've really known at any one point who our reps are. When we try and pursue this through Marketo we basically have to go through support who is also very unhelpful. More than once it appears that Marketo had not assigned anyone to our account.

So the question really is, is there anyone that we can contact that you have found helpful when you've had concerns. This would by pass our account rep and go higher up the chain. I really just want to find a way to make our issues known to Marketo, so far we don't seem to be able to get to the right people.

Trent Cross

Adrian Watkins - That makes sense and I understand your frustrations.  I heard that Marketo went through some reorgs recently that has caused some disruption unfortunately.  I believe I may have a couple of contacts that cover our area, either on the sales or marketing side I will try to track down.  Worse case, I do have a few corporate contacts at Marketo that I can reach out to and see what and who can assist you.  Give me a few days to track someone down and see what I can do to find a good contact for escalation of your concerns and issues.