Job Description – Director of Learning Solutions
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
• Innovative bent towards the development and oversight of curriculum and content for career-based learning platform. Ability to approach a learning outcome and work backwards, and grasp the components that build the structure leading to outcomes.
• Identify and create curriculum for all management training programs, top talent programs, rotational college hire programs and other specific employee populations.
• Handling of all aspects of new program implementation and maintenance including development and support for train-the-trainer sessions and development of course materials for in-house programs. Composing exercises that fulfill interactive courses
•Identify and create curriculum for all management training programs, top talent programs, rotational college hire programs and other specific employee populations.
•Utilize classroom, virtual, and online learning methods and blended learning where appropriate, translating ideas into a learning forum.
•Design training measurement plans and conduct course evaluations that can measure both learning outcomes and operational efficiency.
•Coordinate needs assessment process and address learning opportunities for internal stakeholders and outside clientele.
•Conduct benchmarking and online research to identify best-in-class approaches to leadership development, and identify potential new programs and vendor partners.
•Identify external partners for training content and delivery; handle creation of statements of work and negotiation of terms of agreement.
•Identify and implement best practices and opportunities to leverage technology, LMS and other innovative learning practices.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of experience in a training related role with instructional design and delivery experience; writing, editing, presenting, facilitating, planning, organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of training regarding project management initiatives.
- Prior experience in project management, certifications a plus.
- Excellent PC skills with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Use of Captivate, Articulate, Brainshark, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Deep experience working with learning management systems, Success factors a plus.
- Must be able to adapt to several roles: training, consulting, facilitating, and collaborating up, down, and across the organization; able to handle multiple projects and meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation/facilitation skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current adult learning and instructional design theories and principles applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs.
- Ability to develop training evaluations that training effectiveness and ROI.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Enthusiastic, well prepared, and organized.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
•Organized and capable of managing multiple projects at once, while also drawing from internal specialists’ skill sets to maximize resources.
•Ability to see a big picture plan and execute to it, while adjusting to the rapidly changing LMS landscape and business objectives.
•Strong communication skills (written and verbal), ability to effectively collaborate and bring together ideas from multiple sources into one cohesive vision; and then communicate a consistent message across all mediums.
•Passion for training/teaching/education, and a keen interest in changing the way people learn.
•Desire to share knowledge and experience while also learning from other professionals in the organization.
•Deadline driven with a highly accountable attitude towards individual and group work both, while still exercising flexibility as needed.
•Strong interpersonal skills, excellent listening ability, and a direct but diplomatic approach to all communications.