10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2017 4:42 AM by Manish Khemani

How to find Forms and Landing Pages

Frank Breen

Have you ever been sent a link to a Marketo Landing Page or Form and asked to update it? But without the Marketo program, it's hard to track things down, here's a tip on how to go backwards from the Landing Page to the Program without having to fill in the form:

In Chrome (Firefox too)

N.B. You will need to understand HTML to some extent to do this

1. Right click somewhere on the landing page and click Inspect
      2. The code will appear, press Ctrl + F (PC) or CMD + F (Mac) to open up the search
        Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 10.16.57.png
      3. For Forms search for formid or for Landing Pages search for lpId, you'll then see code similar to this
        Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 10.15.05.png
      4. What we see in the value= part for each line of the code is what we want to use when we go into Marketo
      5. Open up and login your Marketo instance
      6. Click on web address bar
        click1.png
      7. Delete everything until the hash (#), please note you need the full url, the screenshot below just blanks out my instance url, i.e. it will look like: https://app-xx01.marketo.com/#
        Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 10.30.52.png
      8. For Forms type FO then take the number from the value= part of the formid line in the code, in my example it's 213 (please note this will be whatever number you see for your formid value)
        fo.png
      9. The page will refresh (Marketo will add additional letters and numbers onto the url, so don't worry if you see this happening), please do another hard refresh: F5 (PC) or CMD + R (Mac), this allows the left menu to update to the form location, you'll then see the Form in Marketo
      10. For Landing Pages do everything in step 7 then type LP and take the number from the value= part of the lpId line in the code, in my example it's 7857 (please note this will be whatever number you see for your lpId value)
        lp.png
      11. The page will refresh (Marketo will add additional letters and numbers onto the url, so don't worry if you see this happening), please do another hard refresh: F5 (PC) or CMD + R (Mac), this allows the left menu to update to the form location, you'll then see the Landing Page in Marketo

I hope this helps speed up the process of finding things using Landing Page links and external links.

This works for both Forms 2.0 and Forms 1.0 along with embedded forms.