We are looking for a Front End Web Designer to create original and compelling online creative with exceptional HTML/CSS abilities. Develop and execute designs for web, email and other media, whether from concept-to-completion or as an extension to an existing piece or campaign. Proficient in responsive web design, web standards and best practices and mobile user experience. Understand and create brand and corporate identity standards. Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Ability to design and slice artwork into usable deliverables such as HTML templates. Translate marketing or informational content into a functional website. Make changes to sites without disrupting dynamic code. Knowledge use of FTP software and Git.
- Expert skill with PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, CSS, and HTML5 required; understanding of InDesign a plus
- Knowledge of marketing email design and development, standards, and best practices
- Familiarity with current ‘web standards’ and best practices within the web design and production field
- .NET experience required; PHP experience is a plus
- Experience with content management system (CMS) themes and layouts; Percussion CM1 experience is a plus
- Experience with cross-browser/cross-platform development
- Experience with responsive web design frameworks (Foundation/Bootstrap)
- Superior knowledge of current web-design, trends and techniques, and user-centered design
- Experience with design optimization tools such as Optimizely, Crazy Egg, or similar
- A strong online portfolio showcasing work
- Strong design aesthetic, creativity, and the ability to produce brand-specific web graphic components under tight deadlines in a high-volume production environment
A Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts or a design-related field with a minimum of 4 years consumer-oriented web-based design experience in a fast-paced corporate, creative, or agency production environment required.
Job Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Apply here: Redstone Federal Careers