SOLVED

Whitelist Marketo IPs

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whitelist Marketo IPs

Some of our customers are still not getting emails from Marketo despite us completing all the necessary steps, so what we do instead is to ask the companies to whitelist Marketo's IP addresses in their company's anti-spam system.

Most of our clients cooperate with us, except for this one client, who is not very comfortable doing so for fear of being exposed to risk. How do we convince them to think otherwise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Whitelist Marketo IPs

If you get a dedicated IP from Marketo, you can convince them that all they're doing is letting your marketing emails through.

If you use a shared IP, they're not being unreasonable.  It is indeed risky for them to whitelist IPs that send mail from a variety of Marketo customers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

If you get a dedicated IP from Marketo, you can convince them that all they're doing is letting your marketing emails through.

If you use a shared IP, they're not being unreasonable.  It is indeed risky for them to whitelist IPs that send mail from a variety of Marketo customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response, I really appreciate it. I have a follow-up question though. I'm pretty sure we're not using dedicated IPs, so is there an easy way for me to know if we're using shared IPs or trusted IPs?

SanfordWhiteman

If you haven't paid for dedicated, you're on shared. 🙂