Event Management Program Manager
Amazon Web Services, Inc.
at Sales, Marketing, and Account Management
US, WA, Seattle
Global Event Management Program Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Event Management Program Manager to enable the flawless implementation and execution of an event management system to deliver a great experience for our internal and external customers while raising the bar on our technical capabilities. The successful candidate will have technical expertise with event management platforms, CRM and marketing automation system, experience building and supporting various technical platforms, and curiosity to develop new capabilities within our core systems. This role focuses on the selection of, implementation and program management of the event management platform, an new internal service to AWS including development lifecycle in an agile environment including: requirements gathering, design/development, testing, configuration, and advanced administration.
Collaborate with AWS marketing teams to successfully execute on development and system implementation requests, solve technical issues within our existing platforms, and to enhance the sophistication of our service offerings through feature extensions and platform improvements. Document and lead system performance of event management programs, global webinar support, establishing templates and reporting, administration and training for all system users. You will design and implement integrations between the event management and webinar platforms, with particular responsibility for building a best-in-class event program that is scalable and can meet the needs of the rapidly growing AWS organization.
This position is the program owners and technical liaison with marketing automation, email marketing, field and event marketing, and external vendors to ensure development and integration efforts in each of the platforms will work in the overall sales and marketing automation ecosystem. Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to find inventive ways to improve campaign performance and evolve the event management and marketing automation platforms.
· Lead the selection and implementation of an Event Management Marketing platform to support hundreds of global field marketing events.
· Administration of event management marketing platform including roles and permissions, user requests, template creation, system integrations, reporting and dashboards.
· Administration of two globally deployed webinar platforms (Adobe Connect and EventBrite) including roles and permissions, user requests, template creation, system integrations, reporting and dashboards.
· Manage the backlog of stakeholder project requests, build out development sprints to support enhancements, feature requests and extensions, troubleshoot and resolve system performance and issues within a well documented SLA.
· Work with Marketing Automation team to develop and execute API integrations between the selected Event Management Marketing platform and webinar platforms with Marketo/SFDC and other external technology platforms
· Ensure internal stakeholders (field marketing, event marketing, product marketing, etc.) have optimal experience with Event Management and Webinar Platforms
· Use a test, measure, learn approach to iterate and optimize events and webinars to drive the best possible results, constantly evaluating the quality of our product offering
· Collaborate with the marketing automation team on enhancing and troubleshooting issues with the webinar and event management platforms, process and integrations with marketing automation platforms.
· Work with Marketing Automation team to improve the quality of data in our marketing automation platform and CRM system; collaborate with sales and marketing teams to ensure required data is captured at all customer touch points.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science or related field
· 3-5+ years of experience in high-tech, B2B campaign design, integrated marketing, and demand generation
· 1-2 years of experience administering Event Management Platforms; Cvent, Lanyon, Opus, etc.
· 1-2 years of experience with CRM systems; Salesforce.com is preferable
· 1-2 years of experience with Marketing Automation systems; Marketo or Eloqua are preferred
· 1-2 years of work experience implementing full cycle projects including requirement gathering, design, development, testing, and support
· Experience managing projects of varying complexity; time management and project management are critical skills
· Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and assessment
·Analytical with a natural curiosity to test (including A/B), measure, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
· 3+ years Event Management Platform Management experience
· Advanced SQL and Excel skills