SOLVED

Can we add CC in email campaigns?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we add CC in email campaigns?

I am running some email campaigns and want to add my team members in the mail as cc, so that when the customer reply back it goes to the entire team and not just me. Can we add CC in our email campaign? If so, then how? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Re: Can we add CC in email campaigns?

Hi Neha,

I don't believe you can cc others in your emails. But you ask your IT to provide you an email alias that sends/forwards the email to your team members. And reply to can point to this alas

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Hi Neha,

I don't believe you can cc others in your emails. But you ask your IT to provide you an email alias that sends/forwards the email to your team members. And reply to can point to this alas

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly what we do and it works very well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Ashley for the suggestion.

Robert_Solis1
Level 3

Hi Neha,

As others have indicated, the "Send Email" flow step does not allow for a CC and there is no CC field on Marketo Email Assets.  Using an Email Address for a Distribution List within your company is the best approach so that the From and Reply To values are the Distribution List.  We have had some people use a custom approach of sending Emails with the "Send Alert" flow step but this creates a whole different set of things to address because the Alert Emails are not decorated and tracked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Robert.

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

You can actually achieve a 'cc' on your email sends, however you have to send the email out as an alert, and in the cc option on the send alert flow step you enter in a token for the account owner or whomever you want to cc. This must live on the lead or contact object in your CRM or on the record in Marketo. Issue here is you don't have standard email tracking, but you can use Litmus tracking to pick up the slack there.

We've used this before for clients who require this kind of functionality and it works well.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unfortunately, this approach won't work.  Tokens in alerts will only work for trigger campaigns.  Batch campaigns are not supported.  We thought this was an option as well (since we use tokens in many of our trigger alerts).  When we finally realized the alerts weren't being received by our internal audiences, I came across this: Send Alert - Marketo Docs - Product Docs (see bottom of page). 

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Good point - they were triggered when we used them. TBH, at the end of the day even though we managed to do it for them, Marketo is really not setup to support this.

Erin_Heiser
Level 2

Does that alert email retain the tokens from the original email?