I saw this job for a Marketo expert and thought I'd pass it along to the community.
Email Marketing Manager
Email Marketing Manager
Western Governors University (WGU) is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Manager who has a proven track record in developing and executing email marketing and direct response campaigns, database mining and segmentation, and marketing automation. The Marketing Manager should be a strategic thinker and a results-driven, data-minded, detail-oriented, highly organized team player who is able to work in a problem-solving environment.
As a key member of our Marketing Communications team, you will be responsible for helping develop, implement, and track WGU email marketing and other direct response programs. Some key responsibilities include:
- In combination with the Director of Marketing Communications, help identify and develop the strategy of the email communication program, including messaging, audience segmentation, timing, flow, and database segmentation.
- Day-to-day Operations. Manage day-to-day email operations including the production of complex email campaigns such as creation, set up, segmentation, scheduling, and tracking.
- Campaign Planning and Development. Help implement and execute integrated marketing campaigns for program managers, WGU state schools, alumni, and other constituents across WGU.
- Creative Development. Develop and execute marketing plans while working with a team of writers and designers to develop message direction and marketing collateral.
- Marketing Automation System. Manage WGU content and marketing automation system, Marketo, including database hygiene, integrity, and integration with SalesForce CRM, email marketing campaigns, and integration with analytics software.
- Set up, report on, and deliver analysis on success metrics and KPIs between email, direct mail, and website to maximize ROI. Provide weekly and monthly updates to the management team on campaign performance. Experience with Adobe analytics a plus.
- Oversee email deliverability performance and email trends. Experience with ReturnPath and Litmus a plus.
- Develop and create email test strategies to refine email communication performance, including content, images, colors, messages, subject lines, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams at WGU to execute marketing campaigns and report back to key stakeholders; work with team of writers, designers, and programmers; coordinate extensively with marketing leadership and mailing systems on testing and execution of campaigns.
- Database Segmentation. Be a key player in executing monthly direct mail campaigns, including database segmentation and list pull, working print vendor, and mail house.
- Extremely detailed/deadline-oriented with excellent project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including experience with testing design, customer segmentation, tracking, and interpreting results.
- Disposition for data-driven decision making.
- Excellent Excel and reporting analytics capabilities.
- Knowledge of email best practices including targeted lists, subject lines, messaging; deliverability and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam legislation.
- Proven experience participating in and collaborating with cross-functional teams and personalities successfully.
- Experience working with ESPs such as Marketo, ExactTarget, MindFire, etc., specifically building business requirements for list segments, work flows, and triggered events.
- Results-oriented, with the ability to act intuitively, while following sound strategy.
- Ability to lead change and maximize team contributions.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of HTLML and Abode products.
- Experience with Marketo, SalesForce CRM, and Adobe Analytics a plus.
- 5-8 years of experience in email marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is preferred.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to diversity.