Looks like you have a paragraph tag wrapping around the image, would be my guess. If that's in the rich text editor, change it to a div tag (from <p> to <div>), and see if that changes your situation at all.
This is why the editor is adding <p> tags around your images. 2 solutions :
- Quick and dirty : change the setting to "Null" (There was a post or comment from Justin Cooperman explaining why this is not a good practice. Here is what it says :
Some of the formatting functionality in the text editor won’t work as expected. In some cases, the editor can't properly manipulate the text if there isn’t a root element to act on.
- Single Space & Double Space options doesn’t behave correctly.
- Indent More and Indent Less can behave unusually.
- Alignment options don’t always work (add 3 lines of text, try to center align only the second line).
There are a few others, but should give you an idea. If you never use all of the formatting tools in the text editor, then you'd be fine.
- Longer and more solid : update your templates to handle either <div> (change the setting) or <p> as a root element for all editable sections.
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll report back and see if one of them works.