2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 8:09 AM by f2ab27a6251d3d8f972512edca7deb1c81375d07

Campus Event Management

Hi there,

I'm still pretty new to Marketo and have been in a new position since September.  Have any of you used Marketo for campus events, but not for Leads?  As most campuses, we host many speakers and events which can include Leads, current students, community members etc..  I would like to use the landing page/form if possible, but don't want a Lead created for each person who attends an event when they aren't truly a Lead.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

• Re: Campus Event Management
          Matthew Barnett

Hi Kristen,

One way to address this would be to add a field to your form that allows registrants/attendees to identify what segment they belong to. E.g. "I am a...Prospective Student/Current Student/Alumnus" etc.

All of the records would go into the database initially, but if you really don't want to maintain those who aren't "Leads" (however you define that), you could create Smart Campaigns to clear out any undesirable records on a recurring schedule.

More impactful, though, might be to consider ways to set up your database and programs to first segment and then message/market to those "non-Lead" audiences. If nothing else, it'd make it possible to easily report on an event to see what portion of your respondents are "leads" vs. current students vs. community members, so you can understand if the event is really meeting the objectives you have for it.

Good luck!

Matt

1 of 1 people found this helpful