SOLVED

Deleted fields in Salesforce effect in Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleted fields in Salesforce effect in Marketo

Hi,

We deleted some fields on the Lead Object in Salesforce and I noticed we are getting a few sync errors saying "X Custom field does not exist". After deleting the fields in SF, we also hid them in Marketo.

Is there another step that we are missing to ensure the sync continues as normal?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Deleted fields in Salesforce effect in Marketo

Unless that field was required in SFDC to create a record or do something, which I'd hope it wasn't!

If you are no longer using the field, you should rip it out of Marketo:

• delete all values in Marketo
  • remove field from all assets
  • unhide
  • ask support to delete the field

But otherwise, it will just throw that error. The only time the entire record will be blocked is if SFDC could not get the correct value for a required field or a cross object error occurred. Did you check to make sure the rest of the record updated in SFDC?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sarah,

The "missing field" sync error normally should not prevent the sync to happen.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unless that field was required in SFDC to create a record or do something, which I'd hope it wasn't!

If you are no longer using the field, you should rip it out of Marketo:

• delete all values in Marketo
  • remove field from all assets
  • unhide
  • ask support to delete the field

But otherwise, it will just throw that error. The only time the entire record will be blocked is if SFDC could not get the correct value for a required field or a cross object error occurred. Did you check to make sure the rest of the record updated in SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.

The initial error DID prevent the sync but it appears it was at the precise moment the field was deleted from Salesforce, before it was hidden in Marketo. When I tried to re-sync the leads went through.

Yay!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh,

On cannot delete a field in SFDC if this field is used anywhere (Appex, workflow or validation rule). So you do not have a risk here.

-Greg