SNHU is looking for an experienced candidate take on the role of Email and Marketing Automation Manager at one of the fastest growing, most innovative universities in the country.
The position is posted as follows:
If you’re the kind of person who seeks out challenges and goes to work every day prepared to bring your A-game, you’re the kind of candidate we’re looking for at Southern New Hampshire University. We’re a private, nonprofit university with over 3,000 traditional full-time students at our Manchester campus and more than 65,000 students online, making us one of the fastest-growing universities in the country. We have a unique culture of innovation that values collaboration, and we believe every employee has a voice in driving student success. We offer a highly competitive benefits package and have been ranked a Best College to Work For eight years in a row by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) is currently seeking an Email and Marketing Automation Manager for Communication Strategy & Development. The Email and Marketing Automation Manager is responsible for supporting and integrating communication strategy and implementation efforts focused on communication to prospective, current and graduated students within the College of Online and Continuing Education.
This position reports to the AVP of Communication Strategy & Development and works closely with Creative Services, Data Analytics, ITS, Marketing, Academics, Advising and all Student Support departments as part of a service organization. The Communication Strategy & Development department serves as a support role to the organization by creating and executing a cohesive annual strategic plan for communication efforts.
The Email and Marketing Automation Manager role will play a hands-on, critical role in building, executing and tracking the effectiveness of new automated marketing and communication plans. Plans will include a variety of layers, such as email marketing, nurture programs, webinars/events, text messaging, push notifications, direct mail, and CRM activity triggers. The position requires the ability to unleash best practices across divisions, a robust understanding of the lifecycle of a student, and an insatiable curiosity for exploring what’s possible.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Manage & optimize the marketing automation platform while serving as technical system administrator
- Facilitate technical conversations between vendor and ITS related to CRM integration and service level
- Create, build and QA targeted drip campaign strategies and nurture architectures in a timely manner with content that aligns to the student’s journey and lead lifecycle
- Develop and execute nurture campaigns that will support admission, advising and student success department goals as well as increase staff efficiency
- Implement testing methodologies (e.g. A/B and multivariate testing with content, email templates, landing pages, offers, etc.) on campaigns to drive significant growth in enrollment and revenue, thereby improving conversion rates, student success, retention, and the overall brand experience
- Create, launch, test and refine email campaigns while staying up-to-date with email best practices, industry changes, trends and CAN-SPAM laws
- Maintain calendar and holistic view of email programs to understand and accomplish goals to increase open and click through rates, improve email deliverability, and reduce spam complaints
- Manage the relationship with our existing email service providers
- Drive innovation through development of advanced email strategies, such as preferences, segmentation, dynamic content and triggered emails
- Work with the creative team in development of responsive email templates, landing pages, and other creative collateral to ensure communications remain in brand
- Juggle multiple projects and team members in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Develop reporting dashboards that provide insights and visualization into campaign performance (including segment and channel performance breakdowns