3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 2:57 PM by Mary Feild

Sales Team Training

Mary Feild

We're training our sales team to use the Marketo Gmail plugin and make sure they are able to track emails and opens for personal outreach (ie, not Marketo-driven campaigns). I'm curious if anyone could share tips on how to leverage Marketo with their sales teams or have internal training materials they could share?

We want to make sure we're giving our sales teams the best tools possible to execute their campaigns while also leveraging Marketo to its full extent.

Thanks!

Mary

• Re: Sales Team Training

This is a great question! Me too! I'd also like to know how folks are using lead scoring to trigger sales notifications? Tips for configuring triggers? Pitfalls to avoid?

One of my favorites, based on Sirius Decisions and other research: if a known lead is visiting a product page on your website, or better yet, a series of them, this behavior alone may qualify them as an MQL. To test, set up a campaign and interesting moment visited web pages" begins with: www.yoursite.com/solutions* (or similar - hopefully you have these all in logical directory structures. If this is a known lead, you can send a triggered email to them asking if they need any help or a demo; additionally some time after the email to prospect, email your SDR / Inside sales the lead alert.

My experience qualified these at exactly the same conversion rates to both demo and opp conversion as a fully scored MQL. YMMV.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              Mary Feild

We have something similar set up right now, but I've been curious about the interesting moments option. I'll test this out.

Is there a way to set it up as an aggregate of activity--like a daily/weekly report? Or, does it have to be individual mailings for each activity?

Any other suggestions are also welcome, thank you so much!

Mary