Senior Email Marketing Manager
Headquartered in San Francisco, One Medical Group is transforming the customer experience in primary care medicine. Called “a new model for primary care that aims to set a nationwide example,” by The New York Times, we’ve rethought everything about the doctor’s experience and are leveraging technology and service to improve the quality and accessibility of care.
Our company is backed by top-tier venture capitalists and operates multiple offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Boston, Chicago, Phoenix and Los Angeles with plans to continue expanding nationally. We are a smart and energetic team that is passionate about customer experience, technology and revolutionizing health care. Our management team members have proven track records of success within startups and global consumer companies.
About the Opportunity
A key member of the marketing team, the Senior Email Marketing Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Online Marketing to develop, expand and execute One Medical’s acquisition strategy. The role will be responsible for building out our email marketing program as a key component of One Medical’s acquisition and retention channel. You will own a series of existing transactional emails and pulsed campaigns, and will work with the extended Marketing team to identify new opportunities. You will help shape the direction for email marketing at One Medical by defining new audience segments, developing new campaigns, and establishing a system for iterative testing. This is an incredible opportunity to establish a powerful new marketing channel and build valuable customer relationships.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic guidance and tactical implementation for both new and existing email marketing program.
- Identify customer segments, initial messaging hypotheses, creative, testing, and report on campaign performance.
- Own marketing automation platform to plan and execute email campaigns including manage unsubscribe lists, QA and test emails, and integrate data sources.
- Stay at the forefront of email industry best practices and act as internal subject matter expert
- Drive email subscription growth by working with Marketing and Ops teams
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Deep experience with enterprise marketing automation platforms such as Eloqua, Marketo, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and a methodical, task-oriented mindset
- Extremely well organized, enjoys prioritizing and is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A love for developing testing strategies, and a passion for all things email
- Results-oriented with a collaborative attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- An ambitious self-starter who is obsessed with building processes and enjoys finishing projects as much as starting them
- 5+ years marketing experience with a solid track record of developing and launching successful marketing programs or initiatives; B2C experience a plus
- 3+ years working in email marketing and thorough knowledge of email best practices
- Highly proficient in marketing automation or equivalent email marketing tools; experience building new email programs a plus
- Excellent quantitative skills, statistics, and a desire to understand and optimize marketing efforts
- A command of HTML, CSS, Photoshop, copy writing, and an eye towards design
- Enjoy manipulating large data sets that result in actionable insights.
- Knowledge of email best practices and success metrics and CAN-SPAM legislation
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint