Analyzing the path to conversion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analyzing the path to conversion

Hey Community,

We haven't set up any of our analyzers yet, so one of them may be useful for what I'm looking for - but I'm not sure.

What I want to do is analyze the path to the first most significant conversion; the request for a demo of our platform. Not the sale conversion (which sometimes comes much later given our cycle).

What I mean by analyze the path, is to know what actions each prospect took before they requested their demo. I.e.

- Is there a particular page on our site that many people look at that causes them to request a demo?

- Is there a particular email that tips them over the edge?

- Is it the video? The eBook?

What are the trends across the 'last few actions' they took before they filled out the demo request form.

Should I be using interesting moments for this? Or an analyzer?

Thanks in advance!

-Kim

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Re: Analyzing the path to conversion

Hi Kim,

To answer your first question; "Is there a particular page on our site that many people look at that causes them to request a demo?" I have used tools outside of Marketo. The tool that I used was Google Analytics. This provided the path's people were taking before the form completion. I am not sure if you can get this data from Marketo without analyzing each lead that interacted with the form and downloading each leads activity. 

For the second and third question, my approach will be to setup a smart campaign for each touch (email, ebook download, video view) that looks for  request demo form completion and set the program status to success. This provide the assets that the lead interact before fillout the demo request form.