SOLVED

Guided landing page template now have broken image links

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guided landing page template now have broken image links

I have created several guided landing page templates.

All seemed to be working fine, but now all of the image links appear as broken. these are images which are part of the template, which are not editable (the logo, etc). These are images which have been uploaded to the Marketo Design studio images and files library.

So they have src similar to:   http://businesspages.foo.com/rs/947-IOX-305/images/logo.png

anyone else having a problem like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Guided landing page template now have broken image links

Hi all,

I have followed up with folks on our product team who work in this area. Previously, these assets were being served by Akamai's CDN, but we have recently temporarily disabled this for technical reasons. The team is evaluating how we can re-enable successfully. This impacts any assets (images, CSS, etc.) that live in your Design Studio that you are referencing from within your landing pages. They will be loaded fine on a live page, but our editor/previewer won't be able to load them. Any assets that are hosted externally will continue to work fine, as well as any images you have selected using the image picker in the landing page editor.

I do have a quick question for you all. As we continue to work on this, can you answer the following questions for us:

1. Are you using a non-Mobile Compatible template, Mobile Compatible template,  or Guided template?  I ask this because for non-Mobile Compatible templates, we don't ever expect Design Studio references to render in the editor/previewer, as the old landing page experience wasn't built to handle this.
  2. Can you also send me an email (jcooperman@marketo.com) with the exact HTML that your template is using, as well as your Munchkin ID? This will help us make sure that as we work on this issue we can use an actual customer example to verify changes we're making.

Thanks,

Justin

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

If you go look at the URL of the images you added in Design Studio, is it the same as the one being used?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having the same issue. Marketo support has told us the following (which I am having a hard time swallowing)

1- if the image is not defined as an element it will not show in the template editor or the landing page editor - but will render correctly on

an approved landing page, in the web browser. So you cannot truly preview your template in Marketo. (ugggh!)

2 - If you use a CSS file stored outside the actual template (we load our CSS into the design studio and then reference the file in the template) the CSS will no load in the template editor or the landing page editor. So the only way to see your landing page is by approving it and looking at it in a broswer (double uggggh!)

Marketo support also said that while the CSS/images can sometimes render correctly, the functionality is not supported and should not be expected.

Anyone have additional insight?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sierra,

We sometimes have issues displaying LPs correctly in the editor with external CSS and images, but usually refreshing the screen (good old F5) fixes it.

Justin Cooperman​,

Can you please add the official support for external resources (CSS, images, JS, fonts, ...) to the roadmap Please

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has not fixed our issues and we've been told by support that we are outta luck.

This is making my HTML developer's life difficult (and I want to keep her happy ) she can't easily preview templates within Marketo. Now she has to create the template - approve it. Create a landing page, approve it and then check it in her browser. Not ideal! Please help!

-sierra

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sierra,

As a Marketo partner, we have to produce a lot of LP templates for various customers. We usally develop them outside Marketo using a tool called webflow.io. we can preview them, update them and validate them. When they are OK we just have to change a few items in the code (we have an automated script to do so) and import them in Marketo for a final test with an LP.

-Greg

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hello Gary

We did not ever face such an issue with Guided Template landing pages.

What you can do is try to replace those uploaded image(s) in marketo with the 'Replace Image or File' option with your original images respectively. The URL of the replaced image(s) will not change however. Then open the replaced image URL in another tab of your brower to make sure that image URL is working fine i.e. the browser is displaying the images.

And a great advantage of using Guided landing page template is that even while editing the landing page in the draft mode, the preview of the page will be as same as if previewing it in browser. Infact the css and URLs of images or links are completely functionable.

I hope this would solve your problem.

Also, could your share the browser URL of the landing page that working on, it would be more helpful to understand your problem.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Hi all,

I have followed up with folks on our product team who work in this area. Previously, these assets were being served by Akamai's CDN, but we have recently temporarily disabled this for technical reasons. The team is evaluating how we can re-enable successfully. This impacts any assets (images, CSS, etc.) that live in your Design Studio that you are referencing from within your landing pages. They will be loaded fine on a live page, but our editor/previewer won't be able to load them. Any assets that are hosted externally will continue to work fine, as well as any images you have selected using the image picker in the landing page editor.

I do have a quick question for you all. As we continue to work on this, can you answer the following questions for us:

1. Are you using a non-Mobile Compatible template, Mobile Compatible template,  or Guided template?  I ask this because for non-Mobile Compatible templates, we don't ever expect Design Studio references to render in the editor/previewer, as the old landing page experience wasn't built to handle this.
  2. Can you also send me an email (jcooperman@marketo.com) with the exact HTML that your template is using, as well as your Munchkin ID? This will help us make sure that as we work on this issue we can use an actual customer example to verify changes we're making.

Thanks,

Justin

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Justin Cooperman​,

We use guided.

BTW, the development and integration of these Guided LP templates would be easier with this idea :

I'll write you directly

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for looking into this Justin.

I have emailed you the html used in one of our templates.

I am creating guided templates, based on the responsive / bootstrap guided landing page templates within the Marketo template library.

Guided Landing Page Templates - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

This issue really limits the usefulness of using a template. The intent of our developing guided templates was so that non-technical users could visually edit landing pages. This breaks about 1/2 of the usefulness of this for us.