SOLVED

Twitter Card Meta Data Not Getting All Text

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Twitter Card Meta Data Not Getting All Text

I have tried placing meta data in the Facebook:OG field and using an HTML snippet. Twitter picks up the Twitter Card meta data, but it comes in a bit mangled. This is my meta data:

<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image">

<meta name="twitter:site" content="@ipswitchft">

<meta name="twitter:title" content=”Protecting FTP Servers Exposed to the Internet">

<meta name="twitter:description" content="Join security expert Randy Franklin Smith in this webinar as he illuminates FTP security best practices.”>

<meta name="twitter:image" content="http://resources.ipswitchft.com/rs/751-HBN-596/images/Protecting-FTP-Servers-Exposed.png">

<meta property="og:title" content="Protecting FTP Servers Exposed to the Internet" />

<meta property="og:type" content="article" />

<meta property="og:image" content="http://resources.ipswitchft.com/rs/751-HBN-596/images/Protecting-FTP-Servers-Exposed.png" />

<meta property="og:description" content="Join security expert Randy Franklin Smith in this webinar as he illuminates FTP security best practices." />

Twitter Card validator shows this:

on-demand.png

I'm at a new job and this seems to be isolated to the Marketo instances at my new company. I've never had this issue before.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: Twitter Card Meta Data Not Getting All Text

Hey Greg,

It looks like the error here is pretty specific—you're not using straight quotation marks at the end of twitter:description and at the beginning of twitter:title. Swapping these out fixes the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hey Greg,

It looks like the error here is pretty specific—you're not using straight quotation marks at the end of twitter:description and at the beginning of twitter:title. Swapping these out fixes the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Courtney. That was it. I just started using a Mac at my new job and I never had this issue with PC. I had always worked in Notepad before which I'm guessing is the reason I've never ran into this issue before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I added the same meta tags to my Marketo Landing Page and nothing is happening. The Twitter card is not working, the same issue with sharing Marketo Landing Pages on LinkedIn. Slowly, I'm starting to think that Marketo is blocking the crawler access or something like that.

Has anybody experienced the same issues?

Thanks,

Yulya

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Yulya,

Would you mind sharing the page that's having the issue? I'm actually right in the middle of working on a page that not only has OGP and Twitter card support but some specific iOS/Android markup (because I'm painfully extra like that) and haven't run into any issues. Usually these things are just down to a stray typo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Courtney,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. This is the url I'm trying to share on Twitter Part 11 Compliance Audit Offer

This Marketo Landing Page has the following meta tags included in the Custom Head HTML:

<meta name="twitter:card" content="21 CFR Part 11" />

<meta name="twitter:site" content="@kinetiqideas.com" />

<meta name="twitter:creator" content="@YulyaTopor" />

<meta property="og:url" content="https://go.kinetiqideas.com/part11_audit_offer" />

<meta property="og:title" content="Ensure your organization is 21 CFR part 11 compliant" />

<meta property="og:description" content="Compliance with 21 CFR Part 11 is increasingly critical for research organizations, especially when an FDA Part 11 inspection is on the horizon." />

<meta property="og:image" content="https://go.quorumreview.com/rs/169-RVQ-430/images/Part11_share_LinkedIn_jpg.jpg" />

I also tried to add it to the Facebook OG Tags field which also didn't work. Twitter card validator says my page is not whitelisted. This is a new issue, I'm not really sure what they are referring to. I don't know if you have any experience with LinkedIn but if I try to include OG tags for LinkedIn on the same page it also doesn't do anything.

I'm happy to hear any suggestions you have for this issue.

Thanks,

Yulya