SMS Short Code Provider Recommendation? For Podcasting

Anonymous
Not applicable

SMS Short Code Provider Recommendation? For Podcasting

I produce a podcast and want to use SMS short codes so listeners can opt-in to receive links to special offers (i.e., in our calls to action, we want to be able to say, "Text 'GUIDE' to 33444 to receive our free guide"). We want the SMS provider to be able to sync with Marketo so that we can add them to our email marketing funnel.

Anybody have a good SMS provider they can recommend? I've look into a lot of options, but received conflicting information about the extent to which they integrate with Marketo. Does the provider matter since I can probably connect to their API using webhooks?

The providers I found that are definitely Marketo-integrated (tatango, Leaddigits) are a bit outside my price range ($199 per month). I'd prefer something in the sub $50 per month range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SMS Short Code Provider Recommendation? For Podcasting

I have been recommending Twilio to my clients, though I am not sure on thier rates

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: SMS Short Code Provider Recommendation? For Podcasting

Informatica SMS seemed like the  best option. After discussions with Twilio, they seemed to cost more and offered very little support for Marketo users. Twilio does appear to have more SMS tools if you are making a serious investment in the capability.

Since you are not, Informatica may work best for you. Costs are based on the Long Code or Short Code (very exp) + per text costs. I doubt you can do this for $50/mo in total costs. It works with a webhook and you can get responses, but that requires additional work.

Also, you need people to opt in first in most countries before you send. And then you need a mechanism to get the opt out.