16 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2018 9:20 AM by Dan Stevens

Hi Wistia & Marketo users! How are you using the integration?

Margot Mazur

Hello to folks using our Wistia integration with Marketo! I'm Margot—Community Manager at Wistia. I'd love to hear about how you use Marketo with our Wistia integration. You can find our integration doc here, and feel free to reach out to me directly on Twitter. If you have any Wistia or video marketing questions, you can always reach out to other Wistians here.

Excited to meet you and hear about how you're using the Wistia integration!

• Re: Hi Wistia & Marketo users! How are you using the integration?
          Jamie Lewis

Hi:

I am not using it myself but my clients are using it extensively to share video and capture leads from their videos.  This is especially useful for socially sharing the videos.  I think that is the biggest benefit I am seeing for my clients

Rachel Egan

We are using Wistia and Marketo, namely to host our webinar recordings and track people who watch the webinar on-demand. We have forms on our videos and are trying to track people watching the webinar online. At least that's what we would like to do.

Thus far, I can only see if the lead is created in Wistia, not if an existing lead watches the video/fills out the form. I am hitting a bit of a wall trying to figure out how to do what I want to do (or even if it's possible). Ideally I'd like to:

• Trigger a Marketo campaign from a form fill-out
            • Score my leads who have watched the videos

Is this possible? I'd love to chat with somebody at Wistia about the capabilities.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              Andy Varshneya

We're using it on longer videos, where we're adding the form after a preview of the video so that they're also able to get a sense of the subject since a title alone isn't enough to judge a 45 minute webinar.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Courtney Grimes

Ah, so the question you asked a little earlier makes more sense now.

That being said, if Wistia is working on a custom integration versus the more kludge-y ways that have existed in the past, I'd like to really push for custom activity types to come with the integration if at all possible. This would be enough to make me migrate from workaround scripting to the official product for clients.

Additionally, i'm a fan of using the player API's secondsWatchedVector(); for scoring and/or alerts and would love to see this specific function expanded on with the platform overall independent of MAP.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  Peter Kosmal

Hi Margo - glad to see you posting on the Marketo boards!

We've been using Marketo integration with Wistia before you guys started the "enterprise plan" to see lead data come through in Wistia, but now that we have the enterprise plan we've been using it for so much more.

By tracking Wistia play data inside Marketo, I've been able to directly relate video plays to product demo requests and subsequent sales. For example, I can pull our "won opportunities" data using Salesforce and cross-compare it with all Marketo leads that have watched a Wistia video and filled out a form to request a product demo. By individually tracking each won opportunity that has both requested a demo and watched a Wistia video, I can see the point it time where a lead did each of these activities. Turns out that most of our won opps are watching product videos AND requesting demos on the exactly same day - making it easy to explain how powerful video is for sales.

The only caveat so far with this type of data referencing is that Marketo archives our web activity after 90 days, so if a lead watched a video and requested a product demo on the same day, but the opp wasn't won until much later, I won't be able to relate that won opp to video.

4 of 4 people found this helpful
                      Margot Mazur

Hey Peter,

This is an awesome answer! So glad to see that video is proving its power for you with folks requesting product demos. I'd love to hear more about your company and, if you're willing, about the statistics from your video that points folks to the product demos. Would you be interested in shooting me an email at margot@wistia.com?

Thanks so much! Folks in our Community would also be thrilled to hear about those stats. You can find us here.

Jordan Voskuil

Trinity, unite!  We went to college together!  Small world.

I was wondering if you ran into any issues with marketo tokens in relationship with Wistia form fills.  We just purchased the enterprise license with Wistia a couple weeks ago and completed the sync with Marketo soon after.  The challenge I have is around marketo alert emails.  I set up an alert email with basic tokens (first name, last name, email) in Marketo.  When the wistia form is filled out, i set up a smart campaign in marketo to trigger an alert to me containing the form information of the viewer.  The problem I is that the personal information, that should be displayed by the tokens in the email, comes up blank when I test the video form myself.

Do you have any ideas about what I may be doing wrong?

Have a great week,

Jordan

Margot Mazur

Hey Jordan!

Jonah here, part of the customer success team at Wistia and impersonating Margot on this post. What you've described is something I haven't heard before, but let's dig into it!

Just to be sure I understand correctly-- you've set an alert to trigger on a turnstile submission, but there’s an odd result happening in that your name and email isn’t getting passed on within that alert?

This isn’t something I’ve tested exactly myself, but my initial hunch is that going incognito and entering test credentials on the turnstile may remove the wonkiness you're seeing. It's possible Marketo is recognizing you as the submitter on the turnstile, which is confusing things here.

Also, just to confirm the logistics of how you're creating that Smart List, are you keying in on the "Conversion" event that we pass over to Marketo? Conversion is how Marketo interprets a turnstile submission.

Let me know what you think via email at jsilberg@wistia.com. If it sounds helpful, I'd be happy to schedule a time for a screen share so you can show me exactly what you're seeing.

Thanks for reaching out about it!
                            Jonah

Yoav Guttman

I'd love it if someone had an alert they were using that I could replicate.

We have sales alerts but it's always hard to get the right fields set up in the case of a new integration. So for example, what is the field I want to use in the email alert I generate for "Watched Video, etc."

Anyone have any alert templates or examples?

Dan Stevens

It depends what you want to include in the alert.  You can certainly trigger off of video views, but unfortunately, Marketo doesn't support custom activities - which would have given you the ability to include the video name - within the alert.  We use Brightcove as our video platform and it's tightly integrated into our Marketo environment.  For example, each time someone watches a video on our website, the following data is sent to Marketo:

When we send out alerts (MQL alerts, campaign response alerts, etc.), we also include a history of Interesting Moments:

As you can see, the video views are listed as generic activity.  Since Marketo doesn't support custom activities like our Brightcove integration in Interesting Moments, some of the the key data can't be included in our alerts.  Which is why I created this idea:

Allow Interesting Moments to include custom activity trigger token values