SOLVED

Reporting on web page views, by web page

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting on web page views, by web page

I can't seem to find a way to generate a report that shows page views by web page.  We have munchkin code on several of our web pages and would like to understand how many page views have occurred on all the web pages being tracked, ideally over time (days).  I think this will help us understand overall traffic and how it is impacted when new content is published.

The current suite of reports available in Analytics (Web Page Activity & Company Web Activity) only provide metrics by lead or company.  Is there an alternative way to build what we need?

Thanks for any suggestions provided!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Reporting on web page views, by web page

Hi again Tin,

You still can create a smart list of all anonymous and non anonymous leads who visited a given page and look at the count. but you will have to do it page by page and period of time by period of time :

• If you want only the know leads create a smart list with "visited web page" filter
  • If you want only the anonymous, add the "is anonymous = true" filter to the previous one
  • If you want both, add the ((is anonymous = true) or (is anonymous = false)) filters to the first smart list

Also, please note that it will not cover periods older than  90 days, as page view data are archived after 90 days.

Bottom line is : in fact Marketo and GA are not interchangeable. Both tools are absolutely key to the marketer. GA will have that page focus you are looking for, while Marketo is lead centric.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tin,

You can have a traffic view by web page in GA.

In Marketo, the only thing that get close to what you are looking for is a Landing Page performance report, but it will work only for Marketo Landing pages.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the answer.  Unfortunately, we don't have GA running and was hoping we could get those metrics directly out of Marketo.

I also spotted the Landing Page performance but unfortunately, many of these pages we'd like to track are not Marketo landing pages.  Those closest I was able to get was the Web Page Activity report but in aggregate, that only seems to tell me the entry page of where the lead started, and I could only access the page views by drilling in on each individual lead.

Thanks again!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Tin,

You still can create a smart list of all anonymous and non anonymous leads who visited a given page and look at the count. but you will have to do it page by page and period of time by period of time :

• If you want only the know leads create a smart list with "visited web page" filter
  • If you want only the anonymous, add the "is anonymous = true" filter to the previous one
  • If you want both, add the ((is anonymous = true) or (is anonymous = false)) filters to the first smart list

Also, please note that it will not cover periods older than  90 days, as page view data are archived after 90 days.

Bottom line is : in fact Marketo and GA are not interchangeable. Both tools are absolutely key to the marketer. GA will have that page focus you are looking for, while Marketo is lead centric.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

This is helpful information.  The temporarily solution of smart lists makes sense while we make a case to instrument with GA.

Thanks again!