Getting the list of leads that were "hit" by a communication limit

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Getting the list of leads that were "hit" by a communication limit

Trying to measure the email pressure we are putting on our leads, i have been searching for a while how we could report on the number of leads who were targeted by a smart campaign that should have sent and email but did not receive it.

Of course, we could imagine a score and have a smart campaign that add +1 before sending the email and -1 after sending it, only if it was sent. We can also imagine to manage a few things with program statuses.

But all this becomes soon very cumbersome and unpractical. Further more, is will only work for future campaigns not for the past.

So if any one have a idea on getting the list of lead that were targeted and yet were not sent, be my guest

-Greg

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Getting the list of leads that were "hit" by a communication limit

I created an idea here :

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

An easy way would be to use program membership.

Make everyone a 'member' of the program. Once the email is delivered, change the status to 'sent'. Anyone who is suppressed will remain 'member'.

An elaborate way could be to:

1. Create a Smart List with your targeing called 'Smart List - Audience'
  2. When sending an Email X, use Smart List - Audience as an audience
  3. Create a 2nd Smart List called 'Smart List - Suppressed' with member of Smart List - Audience AND not was sent Email X

Both wouldn't couldn't the occurences, but it will give you more insight than you have currently.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stjin,

It's done already, but still dependent on the way the program are set up, so not ideal. Furthermore, I often have to step in on Marketo instances that we have not set up and that have been in production for a while and in this case, it's usually far too late

-Greg

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Figures that you'd have tried that. I know of no other way to check who was capped by the limit.