SOLVED

Change data value to null

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change data value to null

Our organization just enabled Salesforce state/country picklists. This is causing a problem when a lead comes into Marketo with a state other than null where the country is not United States or Canada (or a handful of others). The lead (or updates) won't sync to Salesforce because they don't have a valid state, which is null in this case. I have a smart campaign to catch these, but when I set the flow to Change Data Value, Attribute is State, and new value is left blank, it doesn't fire when it should. Is there a way to express the null value so that this will work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

Re: Change data value to null

HI Mary,

I'm not quite following exactly what you're trying to do, but you may just need to type "NULL" into the Change Data Value flow step instead of leaving it blank..

To prevent this issue altogether, I'd suggest hiding the State field in a Marketo form unless the Country selected is United States or Canada. You can do that via the visibility rules in your form.

Tim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

HI Mary,

I'm not quite following exactly what you're trying to do, but you may just need to type "NULL" into the Change Data Value flow step instead of leaving it blank..

To prevent this issue altogether, I'd suggest hiding the State field in a Marketo form unless the Country selected is United States or Canada. You can do that via the visibility rules in your form.

Tim

Mel_Dadoly
Level 4

Hey Tim,

You are correct, using NULL in the flow step will take care of it. Leaving the flow step blank or using null won't work as needed.