SOLVED

Delays to changes in email templates

Go to solution
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Delays to changes in email templates

Hey guys,

For the second time in a short while now I've run into some trouble where the changes I make to an Email Template won't take effect and Marketo keeps sending out the old version of the template. Anyone else experienced these issues?

Yes, I've approved both the template and the email after making the changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Delays to changes in email templates

Hi Stijn,

This is absolutely not normal. Once the template and the emails have been approved, any email sent afterwards should reflect the changes.

Just check that the email was not sent before the change and delivered after it (just in case, although I understand that you are sure it's not the case).

And open a support ticket.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stijn,

This is absolutely not normal. Once the template and the emails have been approved, any email sent afterwards should reflect the changes.

Just check that the email was not sent before the change and delivered after it (just in case, although I understand that you are sure it's not the case).

And open a support ticket.

-Greg

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Thanks! Opened a support case.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I thought I was experiencing the same thing last week.  That was until I realized that the changes I was making in the template was within one of the editable regions of the template.  When that happens, no change is made to the email that's based on that template (since you obviously don't want the template to overwrite the content/code that's contained within that email).  Just make sure that's not the case here.

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Good tip there Dan,

What I'm trying to get done is edit the CSS in the template. That should always work.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Stijn, If any changes are made Within the editable section of the Email template, It wont take effect  in the Email.The old email needs to be deleted and a new one needs to be created. However if the changes are made outside the editable section of the email template, Then post the approval of email template as well as the email, the changes are reflected. Would love to discuss this in detail, Please feel free to drop me an email at karanh@grazitti.com.