1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2015 2:01 PM by Trent Cross

Integration with Marin Systems

Hey Everyone,

I've got a question that I'm hoping the community can help me with. I'm doing some consulting for a friend and the business uses Marin to automate their PPC bidding and optimization practices. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the software. If not, here is a quick link to learn more: The #1 Cross-Channel Advertising Platform | Marin Software .

Anyway, as part of the integration, they require a file to be delivered every night to the Marin system showing the leads that were captured that day along with some custom data. Building the file and capturing the info into Marketo is no big deal. However, I've run into a snag delivering the file to Marin. Marin requires that the file be delivered either by email or by FTP. I've tried the email route by using the new smart list subscription to have that smart list sent via email to Marin every night. The email that is sent, however, does not send an attachment. It sends a link where you can download the smart list in CSV or excel format. Marin requires the email to have an attachment. Worse yet, in order for the email option to work, there can't be any content in the body of the email or it will fail. In addition, the client has a version of Marketo that does not have RCE (which I believe would solve the problem) and they aren't willing to pay for it just yet.

So, can anyone offer some help or assistance here? I've scoured the community and can't find a satisfactory answer. Perhaps someone out there has some experience doing an FTP upload out of Marketo? Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew