SOLVED

mktEditable in landing page does nothing

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

mktEditable in landing page does nothing

What is the purpose of mktEditable in a landing page.

Shouldnt the element e.g. div with class "mktEditable" and id set be editable?

I had tagged div, td, span and p tags with "mktEditable"; however, all this does in the edit screen is put dots around the tagged box. Double clicking on that dotted box does nothing. I assumed I should be able to double click the box and edit the html, text, etc.

Whats the problem
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: mktEditable in landing page does nothing

If you are trying to make editable sections of your landing pages (like emails in Marketo), there is no way to do that. Adding the mktEditable class to elements does nothing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The mktEditable in landing pages defines sections. The functionality is distinct from email. All elements "float" freely on landing pages while in email they have their positions restricted to mktEditable.

The problem you are reporting is unlikely to arise directly from mktEditable. It possibly has more to do with php echo or non-standard tags.

What is the landing page name and. ideally, URL?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Name: 2014 Haier AC Keep Cool the Right Way
URL: https://offers.haieramerica.com/smart-selector-right-way-to-keep-cool.html

Also, please give a more detailed description of what mkeditable in a landing page should do
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are trying to make editable sections of your landing pages (like emails in Marketo), there is no way to do that. Adding the mktEditable class to elements does nothing.
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

This isn't true. Adding "mktEditable" as a class of a <div> in a free-form landing page template means that it will show up as a "Template Element" in the free-form landing page editor. It won't do anything for guided landing pages.