0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 2:26 PM by 7798e5c1826efce83d26938eeb6e6f903925aeb4

HTML comments in snippets

I'm trying to add some HTML comments in a snippet so that I can create a button that works in all clients. The problem is the comments are not being parsed properly and are appearing like the screenshots attached. Am I missing something really obvious here?

In the attachments I have the HTML source editor after I've put in my HTML and also the result after I click apply. If I go back into the HTML after doing this I see that most of the comments have been removed and the remainder have been encoded.

Also included full HTML below so you can try it yourself:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="padding-top: 28px; padding-bottom: 70px;" align="left">

<!--[if mso]>

<v:roundrect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" href="http://www.EXAMPLE.com/" style="height:40px;v-text-anchor:middle;width:300px;" arcsize="10%" stroke="f" fillcolor="#d62828">

<w:anchorlock/>

<center style="color:#ffffff;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:16px;font-weight:bold;">

Button Text Here!

</center>

</v:roundrect>

<![endif]-->

<![if !mso]>

<table style="-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 2px #0A578C; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 2px #0A578C; box-shadow: 0px 2px #0A578C; -webkit-border-radius: 3px; -moz-border-radius: 3px; border-radius: 3px;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td align="center" bgcolor="#0099ff"><a style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; padding: 12px 70px; border: 1px solid #0099ff; display: inline-block;" href="https://litmus.com" target="_blank">{{my.ButtonText1:default=Do something}}</a></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<![endif]>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>