I removed someone from a list and they still recieved my e-mail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I removed someone from a list and they still recieved my e-mail.

Hello,

I removed someone from my list and they still got my e-mail (that was sent later). I went back and checked the list and they were not on the list.

Where did I go wrong with removing them from my list?

Thanks!

Taylor

5 REPLIES 5
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: I removed someone from a list and they still recieved my e-mail.

Hi Taylor,

Where was the email sent from?

If it was a nurture campaign, then removing someone from the list your used to add them to the program would not have removed them from the program itself.  They would still be members of the stream until you run a flow action to pause them or change their program status to Not In Program.

If the email was sent through a smart campaign with wait steps, then the same thing applies. Once a lead is qualified for your smart list, removing them from the list, or any lists that were referenced, would not remove them from the flow of the campaign.

John

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What do we mean by "removed from list" in this case?

Taylor Conway​ did you set them to Unsubscribed=True? Or did you remove them from a campaign in some other way?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

If it's not a dupe (see Priyank answers) then John's cause is right. You can remove someone from a smart campaign with wait steps with a "remove from flow" flow step.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hey Taylor,

I think you had dupes for the same lead which you merged later, I think you need to check Lead' activity log. This might be one possibility.

Thanks

Priyank

Adam_Hodgden1
Level 2

Taylor,

I had a case where the lead was unsubscribed but they were also on a unknown distribution list e.g. example@company.com. Might be worth pulling a list by domain.