Nurture Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nurture Program

Hello!

I am setting up engagement programs.

I set up a smart campaign to move my leads (who my initial email was delivered to) to flow into my engagement program.

I set up my engagement program (scheduled it for every Tuesday at 7:00AM) and added my original  e-mail to the engagement program. (it is a sales e-mail that I want to be received again)

Do I need to add another smart campaign to link my engagement program to my nurture email (I think I already did this when I "added content (my email) to the stream on my engagement program?

pastedImage_0.png

6 REPLIES 6
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Nurture Program

Hi Taylor,

There are two things here.

First, you only need to move the leads into the Nurture Program one time.  You do this through an external smart campaign with an Add Lead To Engagement Program flow step, which is where you would decide what stream to put them in.  Once that campaign has run they will be added to the Nurture Program and will be sent the content of the stream according to the cadence you have set for that stream.  No other smart campaigns as necessary, and you don't need to add any to the stream.

Second, if a lead has already received a piece of content from any source in your instance they will not receive it again.  The Nurture Program will not send content to leads that have already received it in the past, no matter where they got it from.  So if you have a sales email that leads received before, and you're now putting the leads and the content in a stream together, the program skips that piece of content.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks John,

So what would be the best way to go about sending the same e-mail to the same contacts every Tuesday for a month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you would do this with a smart campaign.  You could use specific wait steps that explicitly point out the date and time to send

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank!

So by using the wait step I can send the same email again at a later date?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you create a wait step to send on Oct 1 at 8am, then send email #1.

Put another wait step in to wait until Nov 1 at 8am

Send email #1 again.

Repeat for as many months as you want.

The engagement engine will not send the same email to a recipient more than once so you have to use a smart campaign.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Taylor,

If you're wanting to email the same group the same email, then it's best to set up your smart campaign with the filters you need in your smart list, and a Send Email flow step in the flow.  Then you can go to the Schedule tab and use the Schedule Recurrence button at the top.  This allows you to schedule the campaign to run as many times as you like.  You'll also want to be sure the Smart Campaign Settings(also on the Schedule tab) are set to allow leads through the campaign every time.

John