The Marketing Automation Coordinator will provide day-to-day support to the Corporate Communications organization by working with the Marketing Automation Lead to plan, develop and execute digital marketing campaigns that support our company’s business objectives. This person will be instrumental in furthering the enterprise use of the marketing automation tool (Marketo) and helping drive behaviors for successful campaigns. As part of a Corporate Communications team, this position may be responsible for authoring original content. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn, excited to collaborate in a fast-paced environment and has great attention to detail.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist in the development, management and execution of marketing campaigns including, but not limited to, monthly newsletters, event invitations and individual email programs.
2. Review campaigns created by colleagues to ensure consistency in assets and accuracy in execution.
3. Understand implications of the marketing automation instance such as segmentation, scoring, cloning, success criteria, dynamic content, scheduling, etc. and the effect these have on campaigns.
4. Understand the connections between the marketing automation tool, CRM software (SalesForce), website ( www.cna.com ) and all data being stored.
5. Enforce marketing automation tool optimization by monitoring naming convention, campaign organization, template usage, data integrity, list usage, etc.
6. Assist with research on implementing new marketing automation features and capabilities as well as following marketing automation and email marketing industry trends.
7. Work with other departments and provide technical guidance to other users.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Manager or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Solid understanding of marketing automation tool (preferably Marketo) and B2B marketing automation, including Email, Live Event, Webinar, Trade Show, and Engagement programs, lead scoring, dynamic content, segmentation, smart lists/filter logic, and template creation.
2. Data integration and Excel formulation skills, with knowledge of database best practices for optimizing and cleaning data.
3. Knowledge of CRM (preferably SalesForce) and understanding of the integration between it and marketing automation tool (preferably Marketo).
4. Strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple projects and project teams.
5. Analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
6. Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical and business issues in a clear and concise manner.
7. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
8. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn and utilize other business related software systems.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. Completion of applicable professional certifications preferred.
2. Typically a minimum five years relevant professional experience.